Written by Simon Staddon
Burgess Rawson are industry leading pioneers in the concept of Portfolio Auctions after successful sale and leaseback appointments from Westpac, NAB and ANZ from 1995 to 2001.
Since 2001, Burgess Rawson has achieved close to $10 billion in portfolio auction sales across a diverse range of asset sectors and locations; from fast food to childcare and regional cities to metropolitan Sydney.
What is a Portfolio Auction?
Portfolio auctions are unique in the market place with few other agencies being able to coordinate or match the breadth and depth of national investment properties on offer in one location. Investors seek a variety of property options and this is a unique point of difference that is consistently delivered time and time again by Burgess Rawson.
Why does a Burgess Rawson Portfolio Auction campaign provide a competitive edge?
- Guarantee of property being included within a list of other quality investment stock;
- Exposure to the best investor specific national database in the industry;
- A cost effective marketing budget;
- Live interstate bidding available from Burgess Rawson’s offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth;
- Ability to facilitate bidding from overseas;
- Premium auction venue: Doltone House Hyde Park;
- Services of an award winning Sydney based Auctioneer, David Scholes
Why do Portfolio Auctions work?
Subject to certain selling criteria all evidence demonstrates that exposing a commercial property via a public auction is the best method to secure the highest price.
Buyers are able to focus their attention purely on the investment and its fundamental characteristics, such as the location and strength of covenant and by attracting their attention a competitive environment is created to maximise the price. Furthermore, the Portfolio Auction platform creates important synergy and positive spin off for all properties in the same auction which is critical to achieving a premium price.
At a Burgess Rawson Portfolio Auction, investors will often request two or three contracts on similar likeminded investments in case they miss out on their preferred choice.
To learn more on how Burgess Rawson can add value, feel free to contact us.